Letter of Introduction

98-12 Northern Blvd 

Corona, New York 11368 

September 4, 2021 

Ms. Susan Delamare 

Professor 

160 Content Ave 

New York, New York 10031 

Dear Ms. Delamare: 

My name is Alexander Estrella. I am 18 years old and a first-year student in college. I was born in Ecuador, a small southern-American country but full of amazing people. About three years ago my family decided that it was best for me and my sister to move to the United States so we can have a better education, and therefore a better life. Since we moved here, I have been trying my best to not let my parents’ expectations down. I see myself as a diligent, friendly student whose parents feel proud of, and sister look up to. After I graduated, it was time for me to move on to college and I decided that it would be best to enter City College, trying to major in Civil Engineering.  

As I mentioned, I do not want to let my parents down. For this reason, my short-term goal would be to pass all my classes with an A or higher grade. In terms of studies, my long-term goal would be to graduate from college with particularly good grades and with an internship in my area of study. Professionally, my short-term goal would be to find a job where I can feel comfortable working and enjoy going to. On the long term, I want to be part of an international civil engineering project and be able to work with other engineers from around the world. I also dream about designing my own house where I will be living with my future family and designing a house that would be for my parents.  

By the time I have graduated from college, engineering will still be an important field in our society. Engineers are not only developing more advanced technology that makes our daily life easier, but they are also working together to make a better society. I can see petroleum engineers working together with environment engineers to get the resources we need but in a safest way for the planet. Also, I can imagine civil engineers working alongside electrical engineers to install renewable ways of energy in new buildings or roads. Moreover, I visualize mechanical engineers developing artificial intelligence with the help of software and computer engineers. The future for engineers is full of possibilities, that is why I picked this field. I hope this letter has helped you to have an idea of who I am, what my beliefs are and what I want to achieve. 

Sincerely, 

Alexander Estrella